Calendar/Floor plan settings
Require to add phone number
This only affects phone reservations. For online reservations phone is a must.
PLEASE NOTE! Do not use same phone number for different reservations. It is better to add reservation without phone number.
Turn off auto arrival status
When it is off, staff manually has to change status from confirmed to arrived. If this option is OFF, status changes automatically when time comes and they have only to change to “no-show” if client didn’t arrive within 15 minutes or more.
Remove “No-shows” from calendar
Select if you want to display so-show reservations on your calendar.
More users separate with a comma
Select which restaurants to show to the user
Access to settings
Calendar, Floor plan, List – available by default
HELP PAGE PART
- Why do I need to create staff account
- How to add new users
- How to change staff members or delete account
- Requirement to add phone number
- Auto arrival status
- Remove no-shows from the calendar
Why do I need to create staff account
As a Manager, only you can setup and manage all system settings and access your customer database. However, you will need to create one or several Staff accounts for your staff members, so they can operate the reservations system.
Staff Accounts are limited-access accounts:
- Users can only take, review or manage bookings
- Users can block online bookings for one day via Calendar or Floor plan, but not block a period
- Users have access to guest list, but cannot download the database
- Users have access to reservation list and feedback list
- With your permission, users can overview summary.
- Users cannot change your system settings.
Why should I use Staff Account?
1. Only Managers have access to the system settings.
2. Every User has their own private password and limited-access account, allowing you to trace who made reservations, etc.
3. Everyone has their own password, so you don’t have to communicate new passwords. This saves you time and energy.
4. With only limited-access accounts, the system is secure in your hands.
How to add new users
- Open your settings
- Open User account from sidebar menu
- Click Add new user button on the bottom of the page
- For all waiters or shifts, you can create accounts with one email and password.
- Write all names separated with commas, click add to apply names.
- If you have more locations, you can select which restaurants will be available for users.
- Select language for their account.
When waiters manually add a new reservation, they must choose their names. This identifies who made the reservation.
How to edit staff members or delete account
If a waiter leaves your restaurant permanently, simply click “Cancel” user from waiters list.
If user shared account, we recommend changing password to ensure system security.
- Open staff account settings
- Click Edit user
- Remove waiter name from the list and add new if necessary
- Add new password
- Re-enter your new password again to ensure it is correct
Requirement to add phone number
You can require your staff to add guest’s phone number when booking, not just their name.
Please note! Tablein system saves guests by phone number, so it is better to add reservation without phone number instead using fake or restaurant’s phone number.
If you require to add phone number, please make sure, that staff will ask for a number.
This option doesn’t affect online reservations. A phone number is always a must when booking online.
Auto arrival status
Auto arrival status helps to save you or your staff time, because reservation status and starting time of booking changes automatically to arrived and you only need to manually change the status to “no-show” if client didn’t arrive.
When status is arrived, guests will get feedback email the following day. If this status stays at confirmed, email is not sent and guest’s history is not updated.
If Auto arrival status is OFF, your staff has manually change status for every reservation when guest arrives or doesn’t show.
Here’s how to control auto arrival status:
- Open User accounts, find the option Turn off auto arrival status:
- Toggle to left if you want to control status manually
- Toggle to right if you want to change status to arrived automatically.
Remove no show from calendar
After reservation status is changed to no-show, reservation can stay red (no-show status) from your calendar or will be removed automatically to accept new reservation.
Even, no-show reservation will be removed, it will remain in your statistic, reservation list and guest’s history and (optional) SMS message will be sent.
How to control no-show reservations:
- Open user accounts and find option Remove “No shows” from calendar
- Toggle to left if you want to show no-show reservations on the calendar.
- Toggle to right if you want to remove no-show reservations from the calendar.