HELP PAGE PART
- What is template function
- How to create templates
- How to create or change templates for a specific date
- How to allow reservations only to templates
What is the templates function
Please note! The new calendar version doesn’t support templates.
A template is a unique tool – a blank reservation, that allows:
- change regular reservation length
- accept reservations without empty time slots or specifically, leave gaps between reservations
- accept reservations to a specific table
- does not allow guests to book freely at any time
Reservation templates are used for three main purposes:
- To set the exact times within which your customers can book a table (i.e. choose only two seatings in your restaurant at 6 p.m. or 9 p.m.);
- To control kitchen load during busy periods (prevent all customers from arriving at once at popular times);
- Eliminate empty time slots between bookings to sell more tables (empty slots between reservations can cause the loss of possible bookings).
How to create or delete templates
Go to your settings and from left side menu open Templates.
- Click on any calendar place (select table and time) and drag your mouse to the right (or you can double click). After you release your mouse you will see the template pop-up.
- Select templates duration in minutes, i.e. 2 hours – 120 minutes.
- Select weekdays for a template, the same will be added to all marked days. We recommend creating a few days first.
- To add more tables to a specific time please select tables and click the button Save to confirm templates.
How to delete templates:
- The templates for each day are deleted separately
- To delete an existing template, select the day, click the Delete Templates button and select the templates you want to delete.
- When you’ve finished, click Confirm.
How to create or change templates for a specific date
Templates are available only on the old calendar version.
Open your calendar and select a date you want to adjust
How to adjust existing templates:
- Click on the template while holding it to drag it to another time or table
- To change booking length – click on the template, change reservation end time, change reservation status to a template and save
- To create a new template, click on any calendar place (select table and time) and drag your mouse to the right (or you can double click). After you release your mouse you will see the reservation window pop-up.
Change reservation status to a template and save
Note that here all templates for tables have to be created one by one
How to allow reservations only to templates
Go to your settings and open Widget Customistation
Turn off “Enable free bookings” and save.
Please note, if some days do not have templates, reservations won’t be available on the widget.
Please open the widget and check all possible times according to the days of the week